Elite Games - Свобода среди звезд!
ВНИМАНИЕ!
Наша конференция посвящена космической тематике и компьютерным играм.
Политические вопросы и происходящие в мире события в данный момент на нашем сайте не обсуждаются!

» Topic for English speaking users | страница 3
Конференция предназначена для общения пилотов. Для удобства она разделена на каналы, каждый из которых посвящен определенной игре. Пожалуйста, открывайте темы только в соответствующих каналах и после того, как убедитесь, что данный вопрос не обсуждался ранее.

Поиск | Правила конференции | Фотоальбом | Регистрация | Список пилотов | Профиль | Войти и проверить личные сообщения | Вход

Страница 3 из 6
На страницу: Пред.  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  След. | Все страницы
Поиск в этой теме:
Звездные волки 2: Гражданская война: «Topic for English speaking users»
SparkS
 1703 EGP

Рейтинг канала: 5(226)
Tech :
I've seen you have remodelled the ships:

First of all we have the sources of the game, including some ART sources and of cource model exporters.
Secondary we want to raise the level of ART to the next level. Улыбка At the moment main models and textures are seriously remade.

Tech :
I guess this was done to increase the frame rate. How large is the influence?

Not much. The polygons have no much influence on the frame rate, especially at modern PC.
Tech :
While playing SW2 i had some difficulties with the frame rate especially in scenes including the battleship (linkor). Reducing the amount of spheres helped me to go further on in the game. Was this a general problem and is it now resolved?

Yes this problem is solved. Old Linkor contained 502 collision spheres. Now there are only 99. And that increases the frame rate wery well.
Tech :
What is the effect of the additional info compared to SW1?
There is no difference. sw1format = sw2format. Its the same exporter. Подозрение.
Tech :
# textures of ships were redone #

For sure, I think they deserve that, dont they? Гы-гы
Tech :
# more flares (lights)#
How was this done?

Don't know how to answer on that question. But that was a lot of work. Хы... And I'm happy that "light work" is over. Улыбка
Tech :
Do you plan to texture these versions too?

Maybe. Хы...

P.S. You are first who see the difference. Хы...
P.P.S Sorry for bad english. Расстроен

Последний раз редактировалось: Kalembas (01:54 05-02-2008), всего редактировалось 2 раз(а)
    Добавлено: 01:45 05-02-2008   
Tech

@SparkS: Thank you for the answers.

I want to rephrase a question:
Which software was used to create the models?

SparkS :
sw1format = sw2format

Sorry, but this is not correct. Подмигиваю
In case you want to see for yourself, download the editor from my website and export (to *.txt) a model from SW1 and a redone one.
You'll see that SW2 models contain additional informations (GNIN tag), but perhaps these aren't used by the SW2 engine.

Tech

P.S. the textures for inoco/triada/uss/player/pirat/patrol stone arrow displayed on my site are for free
    Добавлено: 18:35 05-02-2008   
SparkS
 1703 EGP

Tech :
@SparkS: Thank you for the answers.

It took me an hour and a half to answer the previuos question, so it was not so easy. Расстроен
Tech :
Which software was used to create the models?
If I understand you correctly, I used the "3D Studio Max" and exporter to *.IMD. Thats all.
Tech :
Sorry, but this is not correct.

Maybe you are right, but that information never interested me before, I just use the exporter that I have. Хы... And it works. Гы-гы
Tech :
P.S. the textures for inoco/triada/uss/player/pirat/patrol stone arrow displayed on my site are for free

Thanks, but only if my boss will agree with that. Подмигиваю

Последний раз редактировалось: Kalembas (21:34 05-02-2008), всего редактировалось 1 раз
Последний раз редактировалось: SparkS (21:30 05-02-2008), всего редактировалось 2 раз(а)
    Добавлено: 21:28 05-02-2008   
anonilous

Were you able to complete the full dynamic addition/removal of moving force modules for the big ships? For instance in data/interface/carcass/slots the mothership_icon.ini file contains an entry with type=MovingForceModule, but it is disabled and set as an ordinary system module. My question is if on a trade station I buy and install a moving force module for a big sihp, will it change the outer appearance of the vessel? Inside the mothership's *.imd mesh the moving force module is hardwired to the hull, but if I disconnect it from there with the IMD Editor /Thanks Tech, you rock/ leaving the attach point open, will I be able to install different booster modules and this action to change the view of the ship? I am just curious...
    Добавлено: 13:46 21-03-2008   
anonilous

By the way, somehow the mothership.imd was flipped. The two antennas that was on the right are now on the left...
    Добавлено: 14:00 21-03-2008   
pingvin9798
 72 EGP

Рейтинг канала: 4(79)
2anonilous
IMHO
No, it will not be done.
In a demo version it remained on old ( as in Star Wolves 1 and 2).
    Добавлено: 14:11 21-03-2008   
Tech

@EG-Team

Due to your experience with modding SW1:

1) Is it in any way possible to exchange the mothership ingame (like in Civil War)?

2) Is there a difference between "NEUTRAL" and "FRIENDLY" (in relations)?

3) I've got problems when switching from "WAR" to "NEUTRAL" (or "FRIEND") while engaged in combat: The frame around an enemy ship changes accordingly to yellow (or green), but the ship does not cease to fire. Sometimes this lead to CTDs. Can this be solved?

Thx for answers
Tech
    Добавлено: 21:54 18-08-2008   
anonilous

[quote="Tech"]
1) Is it in any way possible to exchange the mothership ingame (like in Civil War)?
[/quote="Tech"]

Not directly like in CW. You CAN write your own LUA script that will change the carcass and transfer the cargo but it will be dificult to run it because the "mothership dead" movie will kick immediatly after the carcass is deleted. So you must desible triggers and re-enable them later. The new ship wont be armed - the guns will be in the cargo bay. Besides you cannot buy big ships at the markets. If you really want to do something like that the best way is to create a dialog just before EXITING the level, that /if chosen/ will run function doing everything described above.

Tech :

The neutrals will just pass by and watch until you do something agressive - then they will become hostile. Friends will attack anything that is your enemy and/or attacks you.

Tech :

3) I've got problems when switching from "WAR" to "NEUTRAL" (or "FRIEND") while engaged in combat: The frame around an enemy ship changes accordingly to yellow (or green), but the ship does not cease to fire. Sometimes this lead to CTDs. Can this be solved?

You shouldn't be able to do that - at least the game is not designed to handle it. Once enemy - forever enemy /or at least until the level ends Улыбка/. Big part of the game code is hardwired inside the EXE file and cannot be worked through scripts, so enemy stays enemy no matter what you do Улыбка
    Добавлено: 11:41 19-08-2008   
Tech

anonilous :
Not directly like in CW. You CAN write your own LUA script that will change the carcass and transfer the cargo but it will be dificult to run it because the "mothership dead" movie will kick immediatly after the carcass is deleted. So you must desible triggers and re-enable them later. The new ship wont be armed - the guns will be in the cargo bay. Besides you cannot buy big ships at the markets. If you really want to do something like that the best way is to create a dialog just before EXITING the level, that /if chosen/ will run function doing everything described above.

Seems like i've got it work. Mmh, while it is possible to check if an item exists in the inventory i've never seen such a function for checking if a ship is equipped with a specific item (or if a ship is placed in the hangar). Therefore as you mentioned above there is some loss which can't be overcome (just be lessened through docking and then placing all ships in the inventory manually, before switching the mothership).
But my intention was to let the player be able to choose a different mothership from the beginning, so i can live with it...

Furthermore it seems that all triggers, which depend on the mothership variable, have to be redefined else you can't e.g. exit portals anymore (?).

anonilous :

The neutrals will just pass by and watch until you do something agressive - then they will become hostile. Friends will attack anything that is your enemy and/or attacks you.

I see, i have to precisise my question:
There are four different variables used to set the relationship between groups/teams in SW1:
RELATION_WAR, RELATION_NEUTRAL, RELATION_FRIEND, RELATION_FRIENDLY (e.g. in mission_3_07)
And i assumed that the usage of RELATION_FRIENDLY is a bug (the engine automatically sets to neutral)?

anonilous :

...switching from "WAR" to "NEUTRAL"...
You shouldn't be able to do that - at least the game is not designed to handle it. Once enemy - forever enemy /or at least until the level ends Улыбка/. Big part of the game code is hardwired inside the EXE file and cannot be worked through scripts, so enemy stays enemy no matter what you do Улыбка

Yes, that was my impression. It's a pity.

Another question regarding ingame animations:
When the target used in the animation (which itself is triggered e.g by an event of type "_EVENT_SIDEINSIDEVOLUME") is missing a CTD is the result (example).
Is it possible to "catch" this?

Regards,
Tech
    Добавлено: 01:45 21-08-2008   
Kalembas
 1335 EGP

Няшка
Рейтинг канала: 5(145)
Tech :
And i assumed that the usage of RELATION_FRIENDLY is a bug

Yes, this is mistype. There is no such template.
There are only: WAR, NEUTRAL, FRIEND
    Добавлено: 06:31 21-08-2008   
anonilous

Tech :
But my intention was to let the player be able to choose a different mothership from the beginning...

This may prove to be even more difficult than switching ships during the game. The game starts on the trade station and there is no way to bypass that – probably hardwired in the EXE. Missing mothership at this point may cause crash, but to be honest I never try something like that. If you want try this: assign trailer as mothership and pass the first trading station with it. Something like “we are going to get our new ship from our black market pal”. Add no money so they cannot buy anything and easy the switch later.

The rest should be easy. You only have to define a starting level, similar to that in SW2. There the Player enters the game on his fighter and heads to the station to "buy" his new ship. Here he and Ace arrives on a trailer to do the same – add the money at the beginning of that level. Then you create the dialog with some black market guy and Ace as the man-in-the-middle and choose the ship you like. Fast, heavy armed, heavy armored, cheap, expensive, etc. Different prices for each of course. Than you make the switch – easy when the ship is empty, load the cargo, assign the pilot and start the adventure Улыбка. Since trailers do not have hangars, the fighters of our guys appear on the new ship – something like “next time don’t leave your ships here or I will sell them” from the black market guy.

I just remembered that there could be far easier way to transfer stuff from one ship to other. All you have to do is to put the old fully equiped ship inside the cargo bay of the new one. All weapons, systems and cargo will be stripped and place in the bay, so you only have to remove the ship's carcass. This works 100% with fighters, never tied it in other way. But big ships “fits” inside the cargo bay so might just work. Then there was a german made mod that allows turrets and systems to be changed during flight, but lost track of it. Wish you luck and happy modding.
    Добавлено: 15:11 21-08-2008   
anonilous

Tech :
When the target used in the animation (which itself is triggered e.g by an event of type "_EVENT_SIDEINSIDEVOLUME") is missing a CTD is the result (example). Is it possible to "catch" this?

You cannot play if your partner is dead. Подозрение. If the object is missing the script wont run. This particular example is designed to be final - the game ends there. Otherwise a treiiger must be created to handle the premature death of the object. Подмигиваю
    Добавлено: 15:20 21-08-2008   
Tech

anonilous :
This may prove to be even more difficult than switching ships during the game.

Of course one has to wait until the first mission has begun to interact and then change the mothership (that was what i meant Подмигиваю ).
Changing later on in the game is the more difficult task, cause there isn't the same amount of necessary/usable functions available in SW1 like in SW2 (e.g. PlayerGroup:RemoveFlight(...) etc.)

anonilous :
The game starts on the trade station and there is no way to bypass that – probably hardwired in the EXE. Missing mothership at this point may cause crash, but to be honest I never try something like that.

Yes, you need a mothership to avoid CTDs at the beginning.

anonilous :
If you want try this: assign trailer as mothership and pass the first trading station with it. Something like “we are going to get our new ship from our black market pal”. Add no money so they cannot buy anything and easy the switch later.

Already came to the same solution Подмигиваю

anonilous :
The rest should be easy. You only have to define a starting level, similar to that in SW2. There the Player enters the game on his fighter and heads to the station to "buy" his new ship. Here he and Ace arrives on a trailer to do the same – add the money at the beginning of that level. Then you create the dialog with some black market guy and Ace as the man-in-the-middle and choose the ship you like. Fast, heavy armed, heavy armored, cheap, expensive, etc. Different prices for each of course. Than you make the switch – easy when the ship is empty, load the cargo, assign the pilot and start the adventure Улыбка. Since trailers do not have hangars, the fighters of our guys appear on the new ship – something like “next time don’t leave your ships here or I will sell them” from the black market guy.

This is a very intriguing idea - i'll keep it in mind.

Atm i let the game start with the default first mission (mission_1_11). Immediately after the start a dialog is invoked (in OnStartGame) to select a new mothership and to select some equippment. After the dialog is finished, some relevant triggers (Trigger_ms, Trigger_Port_Time etc.) - which were first deleted from triggers.script - are (re)defined in OnStartGame2 (which is called from the last dialog item). Only now follows the former content of OnStartGame (pushed to OnStartGame3).

I had some problems while using two dialogs (1.select ms, 2.select equip) following each other. This didn't worked properly. I guess it has to be ensured that a dialog is definetily finished else some strange errors occur (?).

anonilous :
...Then there was a german made mod that allows turrets and systems to be changed during flight, but lost track of it.

Never seen that (and i thought i knew them all)... and i have no clue how to achieve this Расстроен

anonilous :

When the target used in the animation (which itself is triggered e.g by an event of type "_EVENT_SIDEINSIDEVOLUME") is missing a CTD is the result (example). Is it possible to "catch" this?
You cannot play if your partner is dead. Подозрение. If the object is missing the script wont run. This particular example is designed to be final - the game ends there. Otherwise a treiiger must be created to handle the premature death of the object.

Sure. This was more or less nitpicking, sorry. I guess for each game that uses a scripting language to create missions, events etc. it is hard to make it bugfree. It may take too long to test all possible combinations. The one above is such an example (difficult to reproduce if only the info that a CTD has occured and in which mission/sector that happened shows up).

anonilous :
Wish you luck and happy modding.

Thx Хы...

Regards
Tech
    Добавлено: 01:02 22-08-2008   
Kalembas
 1335 EGP

Няшка
Anonilus, would you be so kind to register on this forum, since we have no idea who you are and not to mistake Tech, as he may think that he speaks with one of EGT representative Улыбка
Though, thanks for keeping interest and helping others.

добавлено спустя 1 минуту:
Thank you for helping us to help you help us all. Ой, не могу!..

Последний раз редактировалось: Kalembas (02:52 22-08-2008), всего редактировалось 1 раз
    Добавлено: 02:52 22-08-2008   
anonilous

How can I resist such kind invitation? Подмигиваю If it wasn't Google translate and Altavista Babelfish I would have drop it - took me only several hours and new account on a third world country mail server. Разозлен Sorry if I broke any rule by posting anonymous – just Russian is not my first /or second, or last/ language and this is the only thread I can understand. The automatic translators stuck on Russian topics - what are you writing there? Ой, не могу!.. Супер! Thanks again for the invitation. Улыбка Улыбка
    Добавлено: 22:58 22-08-2008   
Kalembas
 1335 EGP

Няшка
Answering questions mostly Улыбка
    Добавлено: 01:05 23-08-2008   
Tech

@anonilous
May i ask, if you like to test the "selection" mod?
(Not playing further on, just have a look at the selection procedure at the start.)

@EG-Team

- Regarding graphics:

1) Do you still use mipmaps in SW2:CW?
If yes is the usage restricted to the models (ships, stations etc.) I ask this cause in SW1/SW2 the icons of ships/modules for the interface are "mipmapped" too, which i ever thought is nonsense Подмигиваю

2) Would you recommend to enable the compression mode (DXT) for *.dds textures (at least this reduces the amount of necessary harddisc space)? And is it important which one (DXT3, DXT5) is used?

3) Should the *.tga format be used or simply neglected?

- Regarding mod installation:

In the german version of SW1 most files were stored in a 'data.dat' file. Therefore one didn't have do overwrite original files. It is even possible to handle the mod data in a similar way like packing the new content in a file named e.g. 'modname.dat' (while making sure that 'modname.dat' is lexical greater than 'data.dat').
Due to some feedback on my mods it seems that this comfortable way to use an *.dat-archive for installation doesn't work for the english version. Did it work for the russian?

SW2 doesn't use the archive method (it would work - i've tested this once), but then the game would lag too often while loading new data (e.g. alreardy compressed *.ogg-file) in the missions. Unfortunately one has to overwrite original files which makes it more difficult to handle mods.
Does SW2:CW provide an easier way to implement mods (e.g. through using special folders)?

Regards
Tech
    Добавлено: 21:44 24-08-2008   
anonilous

@Tech

I will be honored, but there is a catch. Расстроен Since I am currently on a half leave, half business trip, the closest moment when I can do that is after September 2nd. I’ll contact you as soon as I sit behind my PC. I am using the English release but that shouldn’t be a problem. Countdown begins… Подмигиваю Супер!
    Добавлено: 22:30 24-08-2008   
Kalembas
 1335 EGP

Няшка
Tech :
Does SW2:CW provide an easier way to implement mods (e.g. through using special folders)?

No. The structure is the same as SW2, except of some logical and concept changes.
    Добавлено: 23:00 24-08-2008   
SparkS
 1703 EGP

Tech :
And is it important which one (DXT3, DXT5) is used?

There is a little difference between them in alpha channel. But game engine understand both of them.
I use DXT3 for textures on models (that is more than enough) and non compressed RGB (ARGB) for new skyboxes and for special fx, like explosions, particles, etc. Улыбка
    Добавлено: 02:12 25-08-2008   
Звездные волки 2: Гражданская война: «Topic for English speaking users»
На страницу: Пред.  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  След. | Все страницы

Показать: 
Предыдущая тема | Следующая тема |
К списку каналов | Наверх страницы
Цитата не в тему: Пилот! Будь честным, благородным и нефлудливым, как завещал нам великий Бреннан, как учит нас КП всея ЕГи! (Grebomet)

» Topic for English speaking users | страница 3
Каналы: Новости | Elite | Elite: Dangerous | Freelancer | Star Citizen | X-Tension/X-BTF | X2: The Threat | X3: Reunion | X3: Terran Conflict | X Rebirth | X4: Foundations | EVE Online | Orbiter | Kerbal Space Program | Evochron | VoidExpanse | Космические Миры | Онлайновые игры | Другие игры | Цифровая дистрибуция | play.elite-games.ru | ЗВ 2: Гражданская война | Творчество | Железо | Игра Мечты | Сайт
   Дизайн Elite Games V5 beta.18